Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Anthony Awards - Mercy Falls

In William Kent Kruergers Mercy Falls sheriff Cork O'Conner finds himself knee deep in a murder that turns into a hunt for himself. He finds himself embroiled in an investigation that involves a powerful, revengeful Chicago family. As he dodges imminent death he finds a link to his wife that further confuses him. In steps Dina, an investigator with strong ties and a rep of not being about killings for hire either.

This book is a real page turner! Highly recommended.

The ending is not wrapped up neatly as in most mystery/thriller books and I liked that. It leaves me wanting to read the next book! I now have to start at the beginning of this series. You know how that goes. If I had known it was a series would have had to start from the beginnning. Not too late now though.

I can see why it won an award. Excellent writing and quite a plot.

No comments: